Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Ramsey Junior School Sports Premium Report 18-19 and Strategy 19-20
Physical Education, which includes games, gymnastics, dance and movement, plays an important part in our curriculum. PE is not an optional activity and all children are expected to take part in lessons. Lessons take place in most weathers and our school PE kit consists of dark coloured t-shirt and shorts or sweatshirt and jogging bottoms when it is cold. Bare feet are best for movement, but plimsolls or trainers are needed for outdoor activities. Children must change for PE for safety reasons and jewellery must not be worn, including earrings. We will contact parents of children who regularly do not have their PE kit for lessons.
Our aim is for every child to take part in, enjoy and perform to the best of their ability in all sporting activities provided by the school.
The New Curriculum, outlines that children should be taught to:
▪ use running, jumping, throwing and catching
▪ play competitive games (such as cricket, football, hockey, netball, rounders and tennis), modified where appropriate and learn skills for attacking and defending
▪ develop flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance through athletics and gymnastics
▪ perform dances using a range of movement patterns
▪ take part in outdoor and adventurous activity challenges both individually and within a team
▪ compare their performances with previous ones and demonstrate improvement to achieve their personal best.
Children will also attend swimming classes at least once a year at the Ramsey Leisure Centre.
In addition to learning skills in PE lessons, there are opportunities for children to take part in inter-school competitions such as football, netball, tennis, and hockey.
We encourage ‘After School Clubs’ to promote healthy lifestyles and offer a range of physical after-school clubs such as football, multi-skills, netball, tennis and street dance.
Within school there is an annual Sports Day, where the emphasis is very much on participation and trying hard.
Click on the 'School clubs' link to view some of the exciting sports clubs that take place at Ramsey Junior School.